Help the electronic music community (and others) during the current coronavirus pandemic, AKA COVID-19.
Various online resources have sprung up in the wake of cancellations currently decimating the live music sector. We've compiled them here.
• Cherie Hu has compiled a virtual music events directory that lists existing events, explains how to hold your own virtual events and also links to emergency funds for artists affected by COVID-19's impact on the music industry.
• Tealer is launching Lockdown Festival Saturday, March 21th, at 7 PM CET. It'll run through May 4th.
• Black Coffee inaugurated Bandsintown's new Twitch stream, where more livestream events are still to come.
• Hamburg club Uebel & Gefährlich is hosting a live stream starting tonight, March 20th, at 8 PM CET.
• Amsterdam's Audio Obscura will host a series of livestream this weekend, from Saturday, March 21st, through Tuesday, the 24th. Tune in here.
• Milan crew Tempio del Futuro Perduto is hosting a livestream to break the world record for longest DJ set. It starts tonight, March 20th, at 9 PM CET, and running through April 3rd.
• White Label Radio have planned a bunch of livestream "Antivirus" parties, with the first happening tonight, March 20th, from 9 PM CET.
• Coma Agency will be hosting a livestreams to raise money for Trussell Trust. Find more information here
• Boiler Room, which this week cancelled and postponed more than 40 events, is launching a new live series streaming direct from artists' homes. Each show will include a donate button, with all proceeds going to The Global FoodBanking Network. The series begins tonight, March 19th, with The Black Madonna.
• Clubcommission Berlin and Reclaim Club Culture launched the world's "biggest digital club" on March 18th. Different venues around the city will host the stream, starting at 7 PM CET each night. As well as DJ sets and live performances, there will be discussions, presentations and films related to club culture. Viewers will be asked for voluntarily donations, which will go towards supporting the roughly 9,000 nightlife employees currently left with little or no work. Head to the website for more info.
• Several virtual parties are planned in New York this weekend. Aurora Halal and DJ Python are spinning at Nowadays from 8 PM on Friday. (Nowadays will be streaming every night on its website.) The Lot Radio's Dave P is hosting a two-hour "ambient social distancing" show at a TBA space. And local favourites Toribio, sspurgee, Noah Prebish and Carlos Palacio will raise money for independent artists by DJing from their living rooms.
• Defected is hosting its first virtual festival on Friday, March 20th, with sets from Monki, Dan Shake, Joey Negro, The Shapeshifters and more streamed live from London's Ministry Of Sound via YouTube and Facebook Live. The event will last 12 hours.
• Livestream festival Cuarentena Fest will broadcast from March 16th through 27th out of the participating artists' homes throughout Spain. See the schedule here.
• Billing itself as "Sydney's first online nightclub," Room 2 Radio will launch tonight, March 20th, with local artists Thomas Gray & Liam Ebbs, Deepa, Dame and more broadcasting from 8 PM AEDT via Facebook Live.
• Many artists are also hosting their own livestreams. Keep an eye on your favorite's social media. Already streaming: Laurent Garnier, Addison Groove, Peach, Shanti Celeste & Saoirse, Benny Rodrigues.
• TOKiMONSTA will debuted her new album, Oasis Nocturno, on her Facebook March 19th.
More ways to help: offer and receive support, donate, buy music and merch.
Read our feature to hear from people across the dance music community about how COVID-19 is affecting them. Plus, here are some ideas on what to watch, read and do at home while self-isolating.
We will continue updating this post as more resources appear. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions.
Find the latest COVID-19 statistics on this interactive map created by Johns Hopkins University.